A crawler scissor lift is a kind of mobile scissor lift specially designed and manufactured for high-altitude operation under complex road conditions. It has the following characteristics:
- It has a solid ability to adapt to the environment. It can carry out the high-altitude operation without a power supply in the field and under complex road conditions and get rid of the trouble of wires.
- It adopts crawler wheels and weighted chassis. The battery provides the power to drive the lift. The battery is used as a lifting power supply. The control button controls the lifting and lowering of the elevator,
- The manual hydraulic operating lever controls the lifting and lowering of the elevator, and the external power supply charges the battery.
- The crawler scissor lift adopts a weighted chassis, which does not need outriggers for support during operation. After the scissor lift is raised, it does not need to retract the elevator to walk, which improves the work efficiency,
- Its crawler wheel increases the contact area with the earth, and it can also walk and work on muddy roads. It is ideal equipment for field high-altitude operation.
Similarities and differences between a crawler scissor lift and a mobile scissor lift:
The crawler scissor lift highlights two crawlers on the walking mechanism with solid ground adhesion. The wheeled aerial work platform includes an indoor traceless tire aerial work platform and an outdoor off-road tire aerial work platform. The standard and conventional aerial work platform is an indoor traceless tire scissor lift platform. The wheel scissor lift has the essential attributes of the vehicle, including the power wheel, steering wheel, and driven wheel. The walking movement depends on the rotation of the wheel. The power is driven by a motor, hydraulic drive, hydraulic steering, differential steering, and so on. The movement mode of an off-road scissor lift is also consistent with that of a common scissor lift platform. The main difference is that the chassis is higher, and the tire has a firmer grip, suitable for outdoor operation.
The platform size of the tracked scissor lift is the same as that of the conventional mobile scissor lift, and its working height ranges from 4m to 14m. The walking mode of the crawler scissor lift is relatively remarkable. There are two modes of hydraulic and electric drive in power. The walking depends on the same direction of the two crawlers. The steering depends on the opposite direction or differential movement of the crawlers, which is very destructive to the ground; however, compared with the excavator, the damage to the track is much less. The tracked scissor lift is mainly a rubber track, which is relatively friendly to the ground, and the belt’s width is also different. At present, there is no unified size
The vertical control mode of the crawler scissor lift is no different from that of the ordinary scissor lift. Chinese suppliers only design the hydraulic and mechanical structures. The main action is to control the walking in the horizontal direction: how to make the crawler move forward, backward, and turn flexibly. People who drive the excavator know that the two crawlers are generally controlled separately; in addition, the walking speed can be adjusted. It is effortless to walk straight, but it is more difficult for the steering action. The steering is generally the differential speed of the left and right crawlers or the reverse movement of the crawlers. The handle on the ordinary scissor lift is a single axle and can not achieve accurate speed control during steering. If there is a handle of the steering shaft, the steering action can be perfectly controlled; controlling the steering speed is like walking. At this time, the performance of the machine will be significantly improved.